Wow is right! The last 2 men I was in a 'relationship' with both cheated on me and I left the 1st and the 2nd (who I really loved, or so I thought) left me for the other woman. I have been blaming him and his sister and niece for the last 5 years, but really it was my own doing, except he is a cheater, but I made him look outside the relationship.
I say this because this morning, I woke to Garth Brooks song Jaded and listened to the whole thing and finally got the answer as to WHY Fred felt he had to look elsewhere. I was smothering him in our relationship.
I had more of my clothes there than my own place, had my craft stuff at his place, made him dinner every night, did anything he wanted to do and when asked I would say "whatever you want is fine". He wanted me to have an answer when he asked me what did I want to do, what shall we have for brunch or whatever... he wanted my answer not a silly girls mushy "I live and breathe for you" answers!
Don't get me wrong I was in love with him but after being lied and cheated on by my last relationship I guess I needed to be wanted and loved so badly I didn't see the signs that Fred was falling out of love with me because of my actions.
This has lifted a huge weight off of my chest and I can forgive him freely now, for the break-up without a reason, because now I know the reason. If I ever find love again I believe I can be myself finally and if the man doesn't like it, then he isn't the one to be with!
As they sing... "Let it Go..." Thank you Frozen, you taught me a lot as well.
I say this because this morning, I woke to Garth Brooks song Jaded and listened to the whole thing and finally got the answer as to WHY Fred felt he had to look elsewhere. I was smothering him in our relationship.
I had more of my clothes there than my own place, had my craft stuff at his place, made him dinner every night, did anything he wanted to do and when asked I would say "whatever you want is fine". He wanted me to have an answer when he asked me what did I want to do, what shall we have for brunch or whatever... he wanted my answer not a silly girls mushy "I live and breathe for you" answers!
Don't get me wrong I was in love with him but after being lied and cheated on by my last relationship I guess I needed to be wanted and loved so badly I didn't see the signs that Fred was falling out of love with me because of my actions.
This has lifted a huge weight off of my chest and I can forgive him freely now, for the break-up without a reason, because now I know the reason. If I ever find love again I believe I can be myself finally and if the man doesn't like it, then he isn't the one to be with!
As they sing... "Let it Go..." Thank you Frozen, you taught me a lot as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment